Reality star and former lead singer of Poison, [lastfm]Bret Michaels[/lastfm], is recovering from an emergency appendectomy. The diabetic rocker is staying at an undisclosed diabetic medical facility. Michaels was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at the age of six.
The fact that he was exhausted due to his rigorous schedule prior to the surgery and coupled with the fact that he has diabetes, the surgery has taken its toll. Even for non-diabetic patients the recovery from surgery can be long and painful.
The following gigs have been postponed:
- Apr 15 – Neumeier’s Rib Room, Fort Smith, AR
- Aprl 16 – The Lucky Star Casino, Clinton, OK
- Apr 17 – State Farm Arena, Hidalgo, TX
- Apr 21 – Sweet Caroline’s, Winchester, VA
- Apr 23 – Neumeier’s Rib Room, Ft. Smith, AR
- Apr 24 – Belterra Resort and Casino, Florence, IN
Michaels is scheduled to appear at DTE Energy Music Theatre with Lynard Skynard on Thursday, June 24.
We will keep you informed on additional updates.
We wish Bret Michaels the best and a quick and strong recovery!