The Rolling Stones haven’t released a studio album since “The Bigger Bang“ in 2005 and while there are no announced plans to end that drought, Ronnie Wood says Mick Jagger may have something up his sleeve.
“Sometimes we do duets with different rock artists over the world, and I think that’s in the back of his mind, to make an album with some of the guests we have.” On the band’s “50 & Counting” tour last year they were joined by such stars as Bruce Springsteen, Bonnie Raitt, John Fogerty, Lady Gaga and Dave Grohl.
The Stones opened their “14 on Fire” tour Friday in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. Their next shows are in Tokyo, Japan, starting Wednesday.
Here’s the set list from their show Friday night:
Stones’ Abu Dhabi set list:
- Start Me Up
- It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)
- You Got Me Rocking
- Tumbling Dice
- Emotional Rescue
- Doom and Gloom
- Paint It Black
- Honky Tonk Women
- Slipping Away (w/Keith Richards on lead vocals)
- Before They Make Me Run (Keith on lead vocals)
- Midnight Rambler (w/Mick Taylor on guitar)
- Miss You
- Gimme Shelter
- Jumpin’ Jack Flash
- Sympathy for the Devil
- Brown Sugar
- You Can’t Always Get What You Want (w/Al Khubairat Singers)
- (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction