The 29th annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony is tonight in Brooklyn, New York at the Barclays Center. If you are keeping score at home, here is all you need to know:
- The E Street Band – to be inducted by Bruce Springsteen
- KISS – inducted by Tom Morello
- Peter Gabriel – inducted by Chris Martin
- Linda Ronstadt – inducted by Glenn Frey
- Hall & Oates – inducted by Questlove
- Cat Stevens – TBA
- Nirvana – inducted by Michael Stipe
- Former Rolling Stones manager Andrew Loog Oldham and Beatles manager Brian Epstein are being recognized in the Non-Performer category – inducted by Peter Asher
- Peter Gabriel
- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
- Hall & Oates
- Nirvana with Joan Jett, Lorde and others
- Cat Stevens
- Linda Ronstadt will not be attending, but will have her songs performed by Bonnie Raitt, Stevie Nicks, Emmylou Harris, Sheryl Crow and Carrie Underwood.
- KISS is pissed that only the four original members are being inducted so they won’t perform.
- Linda Ronstadt does not see herself as a rock and roll singer and won’t attend.
- Andrew Loog Oldham also won’t attend, saying, “I think those people basically hijacked the name ‘rock ‘n’ roll’. It’s a television show. 20 years ago it was an incredible party in the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel where everybody could behave exactly as they could 20 years ago. And then it became a business. I think it’s healthier to stay home.”
This year’s TV broadcast will air a more than a month-and-a-half later on May 31st on HBO.