Motown fans, music lovers, and history buffs around the globe can become a “30 for 30” member of the Motown Museum, the historic Detroit landmark where some of the world’s most popular and iconic music was recorded in the 1960s and 1970s. The “30 for 30” name references the museum’s charter membership fee of $30 and the anniversary of its founding. Visit www.motownmuseum.org to join.
The membership program commemorates the 30th anniversary of the Motown Museum’s founding by Esther Gordy Edwards. A three-year, introductory membership of $75 is being offered as an option to the one-year $30 membership. The initial annual international membership is $45.
Member benefits include:
- Motown Museum membership card
- Members-only welcome gift
- Unlimited Motown Museum admissions
- One complimentary guest pass
- Exclusive members-only access to previews, events and special offers
- Pre-sale ticket opportunities for events and concerts
- 10 percent discount on Motown Museum in-store purchases
The Motown Museum also is kicking off its #IAmMotown social media campaign where people are invited to share their Motown-related pictures and memories at www.facebook.com/MotownMuseum and Twitter.com/Motown_Museum.