By: Jim Johnson
Following his latest string of dates as part of Ringo Starr’s All Starr Band, Todd Rundgren will hit the road for his own 18-date North American run.
Rundgren kicks off the trek on December 1st in Saint Charles, Illinois at the Arcadia Theatre, with the shows stretching into the New Year and eventually wrapping on January 9th at Coachella, California’s Spotlight 29 Casino. Rundgren is touring in support of his critically acclaimed 25th album, Global.
A while back, Todd Rundgren said that summing up his career isn’t something he’s comfortable with and is really a job best-suited for others:
“It’s kind of difficult, having played for 42 years now, professionally, it’s a little bit difficult to see yourself — particularly having gone thorough all the changes I have — of being able to be summed up in that sense. I can get perspective on part of what I’m doing, but I can never get perspective on all of what I’m doing. And part of what I’m doing is trying to avoid repeating myself.”
Todd Rundgren North American tour dates (subject to change):
• Dec. 1 – Saint Charles, IL – Arcada Theatre
• Dec. 3 – Kansas City, MO – Harrah’s
• Dec. 4 – Council Bluff, IA – Whiskey Roadhouse at Caesar’s Horseshoe Resort Casino
• Dec. 6 – North Tonawanda, NY – Riviera Theatre and Performing Arts Center
• Dec. 7 – Munhall, PA – Carnegie Library Music Hall Of Homestead
• Dec. 9 – Detroit, MI – The Fillmore Detroit
• Dec. 10 – Northfield, OH – Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park
• Dec. 12 – Northampton, MA – Calvin Theater
• Dec. 13 – Glenside, PA – The Keswick Theater
• Dec. 15 – Ridgefield, CT – Ridgefield Playhouse
• Dec. 18 – Montclair, NJ – The Wellmont Theater
• Dec. 19 – New York, NY – The Gramercy Theatre
• Dec. 20 – Sugar Loaf, NY – Sugar Loaf Performing Arts Center
• Dec. 22 – Alexandria, VA – The Birchmere
• Dec. 23 – Harrisburg, PA – Sunoco Performance Theater – Whitaker Center
• Jan. 6 – Los Angeles, CA – Saban Theater
• Jan. 8 – Scottsdale, AZ – Talking Stick Resort
• Jan. 9 – Coachella, CA – Spotlight 29 Casino
DID YOU KNOW?
• In addition to his own work, Todd Rundgren has engineered and produced such high profile acts as the Band, the New York Dolls, Badfinger, Grand Funk Railroad, Hall & Oates, Ian & Sylvia, Meat Loaf, Patti Smith, Shaun Cassidy, the Tubes, XTC, Bad Religion, Cheap Trick, and the Psychedelic Furs, among many others.
• Out now is Todd Rundgren’s archival CD/DVD collection, At The BBC: 1972-1982. The CD features Rundgren performing solo in 1972 and with Utopia in 1975 and 1977.
• The DVD includes BBC TV performances from The Old Grey Whistle Test from 1975, 1977, and 1982. Included in the 1982 show are two songs that didn’t appear in the original airing.
Todd Rindgren in 1978 performing “Hello It’s Me”: