By: Jon Corrigan
Livonia, MI has a lot to smile about, according to a recent study.
Zippia.com analyzed every mid-sized city in the country (the 201st to 500th largest in population) to find out which are the happiest, and Livonia ranked 10th overall.
Using data from the 2010-2014 American Community Survey, the career website looked at the following criteria:
• Being well educated (Population with at least a bachelor’s degree)
• Having a job (As measured by the unemployment rate)
• A short commute to work (God do people hate traffic)
• Low cost of living
• Having a family (Getting, and staying married, has a ton of happiness benefits, on average)
• Owning a home (That’s a big plus)
• And the poverty rate (Money definitely helps out)
Here are the top 10:
1. Lee’s Summit, MO
2. Broken Arrow, OK
3. Mount Pleasant, SC
4. Newton, MA
5. Carmel , IN
6. Fishers, IN
7. Highlands Ranch, CO
8. O’Fallon, MO
9. Rochester, MN
10. Livonia, MI
For more on this study, visit Zippia.com.