The new Rolling Stones box set out on September 30th has nine more surprises thrown in.
The Rolling Stones in Mono will contain 14 of their albums and a new compilation, Stray Cats, which contains essential non-album B-sides and rarities. Now comes word that there will also be a set of nine extremely limited seven-inch vinyl singles included.
Each single is an exact reproduction of a significant hit record from a different country with original art matching how the single looked in that specific nation at the time of release. After the bundles are sold out, the remaining individual seven-inch discs will only be available in local record stores in their respective countries.
The seven-inch singles are:
- Poison Ivy/Fortune Teller (UK -1963)
- Fortune Teller/Sad Day (Australia – 1966)
- Tell Me (You’re Coming Back)/Carol (Japan – 1964)
- Time Is On My Side/Congratulations (Norway – 1964)
- Empty Heart/Around And Around (Netherlands – 1964)
- Not Fade Away/I Wanna Be Your Man (Canada – 1964)
- 2,000 Light Years From Home/She’s A Rainbow (Germany – 1967)
- We Love You/Dandelion (France – 1967)
- Street Fighting Man/No Expectations (U.S. – 1968)
In modern-day Stones news, they have released the trailer to the second of their two upcoming documentaries, this one for Havana Moon. It will be shown around the world on September 23rd. The other documentary, Olé Olé Olé!: A Trip Across Latin America, will premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival this Friday.